Sunday, August 5, 2007

First Day for the next 9 years

Today marks my very first day at work, after going through some bouts of feeling down having to end my holiday and move out into a crappy house and no amount of consolation from myself and others seem to help. The day started out good so far with Grace and I managing to get some sleep at the new (old) house that we spent almost the whole weekend cleaning up with parents and others who were willing to lend a hand. Both of us slept with the anticipation of moving out only after having spent a night there. But convenience is definitely a plus point since it only took us 5 minutes to reach the LRT station. Since it’s the first day for both of us, we planned to head home at 5pm(official end of working hours at Petronas) to go look for other places to live in preferably around Asia Jaya area where it is also conveniently located near another LRT station.

So far I’m unable to say much about work except that I am situated at Level 44, Tower 1 of the majestic Petronas Twin Towers a famous landmark for those outside Malaysia. My boss’ office has a very nice view. Am writing this while waiting for a briefing since morning when I reported for work and I’m lucky to get a nice Dell workstation with flat screen monitor so as to prevent anymore eye problems. Can’t wait to go to the clinic to get my long postponed Hepatitis B booster jab and a visit to the dentist since I receive full medical benefits from this day onwards. So far am trying my best to remember the names of my colleagues. They seem like a nice bunch of people. Brains dont seem to work well this morning. Really trying hard to keep my head up and not fall asleep.

sitting in front of the Pc really made me reminisce the times at Infy where i had Jaya to disturb and to help Amalina or Aisyah to break their own high scores at Text twist. Then there was the beautiful hotel room that Grace and I shared. Sigh. Those experiences really proved to be valuable that i doubt will be able to go through anymore. Now i am left with 2 more hours to kill before lunchtime where i can resume my count on the number of UTPians stationed at KLCC whether for internship or for work.




No comments: